Friday, July 6, 2012

Update from Brijon


Visiting an orphanage in Sofia

Hello everybody, it's Brijon. First off I would just like to say that Bulgaria is AMAZING and I hope it's not wrong of me to say that I really don't miss America at all.Whenever I travel I miss home, but Bulgaria feels like home.This trip I have done things that are way out of my box, but I pray all the time for God to calm my heart and I feel much better.

Alexander Nevsky Cathedral in Sofia
 So Monday we arrived at camp and let me just say it feels like I have been here forever. I am not complaining or anything! I have had a great time so far! The Black Sea is great, but I do not like the crabs. They are in love with my feet and I am scared of them.The food here at camp is good. Sometimes I do not eat everything, but the one thing I do eat a lot of is the bread. If I can, I try to eat 3 to 4 pieces at lunch and dinner. The teachings are also amazing and each of them really spoke to me. I also taught on Wednesday and I was so nervous. I had all my notes down and I went over my teaching in my mind and with a couple people of what I was going to say, but as soon as I sat down I forgot everything that I was going to say. It did not come out the way I planned it, but I think I got my point across. One girl came up to me and told me how she thought that it was great that I came here to do what God called me to do. That made me feel much better.

Making a friend in Elin Pelin
 Before we got to camp we went to a church in Elin Pelin. I got to talk to a lady about what I am doing here and about many different subjects in life. The one question that she asked me that I will never forget is "Why?" I had told here how I was nervous about doing some things here because it was out of my box, but when it came time to do it I felt totally fine. All my nervousness went away. I told her that I would pray before I had to do it and after I had prayed I felt a calmness about it because I knew this is what God has called me to do this summer.

On the airplane traveling to Bulgaria
 All in all this trip so far has been amazing and I have seen God work in many ways through many people and I am very blessed to be here. I am happy that God has called me here this summer because I feel like I have grown more and I know that God is with me all the time. Everything here is great! The food is good, the people are great, and the kids are amazing. They love on you like they have known you their entire lives. I ask that you would continue praying for the team and everything else for the remainder of the trip and I ask that even when we come back that you would continue praying. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment